List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] For review: new kopete emoticon theme selector
From:       Gustavo Pichorim Boiko <gustavo.boiko () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2007-11-06 13:23:48

Em Tuesday 06 November 2007 11:06:58 Matt Rogers escreveu:
> On Tuesday 06 November 2007 06:05:32 Gustavo Pichorim Boiko wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I've reworked the emoticon theme selector in order to show a preview of
> > each theme below the theme name (so that the user doesn't have to click
> > each theme to see what the theme is). The time loading the config module
> > is a bit bigger, but I guess it is still an improvement.
> >
> > Screenshots at http://boiko.rallyzeiros.com.br/?p=23
> >
> > Please review it.
> >
> > Cheers
>
> IMHO, It needs to wait until KDE 4.1. It doesn't fix any bugs and we're in
> a feature freeze. In fact, experience says it's likely to introduce more
> bugs.
>
> However, if you can provide some more rationale as to why this should go in
> now, I'll be happy to change my mind.

The rationale behind this is that the current dialog is not easy to use and
still uses many Q3 and K3widgets. This new dialog is pure QT4 and even uses a
delegate to render the items. And it even uses less space in the config
dialog, so we can adjust it to fit in 800x600 and still be usable.

Cheers
--
Gustavo Pichorim Boiko