List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] KNewStuff2 port
From:       Dennis_Nienhüser <earthwings () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2007-10-30 17:44:45

matt@silver.local schrieb:
> Why do we need installing chat window styles from the dbus interface?

The new API is heavily restricted. Once you start off the dialog, it
does everything on its own, no signals or similar. There's a modal
version of the dialog which returns a list of modified entries, but
using this would mean that a) we have to live with a modal dialog, b)
the actual installation would be postponed to closing the dialog and c)
we would need to wait for this method to actually be implemented in
knewstuff2, which will probably be for KDE 4.1. Another approach would
be subclassing knewstuff2 classes similar to the old approach in kopete,
but I don't think the knewstuff2 code is mature enough yet. Furthermore
it would blow up our code, which likely introduces new bugs.
> Please take that part out and resubmit. Or give the chatwindow it's own
> interface.
It's own dbus interface, you mean? What about the emoticons which can be
handled via knewstuff as well?

Regards,
Dennis