List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] For review: Identity usability work and
From:       Will Stephenson <wstephenson () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-10-21 8:59:11

On Sunday 21 October 2007 04:51:41 Matt Rogers wrote:
> 1. We need a kconf_update script. Leaving users' configuration high
> and dry is not acceptable anymore. There has been a release with this
> change in it (even if it is a beta) and we should be moving the
> user's configuration over. Not moving config is not an option
> anymore, IMHO.

I disagree, beta testers != users.  I don't think anyone was using Kopete
productively yet, so I doubt there is any useful config to migrate.

> 2. There are no screenshots for the changes. So, I suggest one of two
> things. Screenshots :) or a set of instructions that describe how to
> get to the changes. Sure, some of these might be obvious, but we
> should know what we're looking for since as part of the review
> process, we should be reviewing the changes to the user interface as
> well. Could you provide either screenshots or directions on how to
> see the changed functionality?

When did you become such a stickler for form?  But you're right, not everyone
can build the code to check out the changes.

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3058
http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3059

(For 'before' shots I assume people do have access to kde4beta3..)

Will