List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Understanding how kopete reads Jabber/xmpp XML
From:       Chris Gow <sniffy () rogers ! com>
Date:       2007-08-25 14:42:00

Hi Olivier:
On Saturday 25 August 2007 08:46:58 Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Le samedi 25 août 2007, Chris Gow a écrit  :
> > Hello:
> >
> > I'm attempting to fix a bug that occurs in Kopete for certain Jabber/XMPP
> > servers. When using some Jabber/XMPP servers Kopete does not interpret
> > some search forms correctly. I've been looking through the source code
> > for the xmpp library but I am stumped. As far as I can tell, Kopete will
> > generate a dialog dynamically by delegating to a JT_Search task. This
> > task supposedly will be notified that the server has responded and the
> > task will generate a Form. I assumed that this was the take() method.
> > However it does not look like this method ever gets called for the
> > JT_Search class.
> >
> > Could anybody shed some light on this for me? What class is responsible
> > for converting the XML into a Form?
>
> I don't know rexactly what you're talking about.
> But this is probable the JabberFormTranslator class.
Thanks for the info. That's where I started looking. But it looks like the
problem is in the iris stuff. Basically the XMPP::Form class does not get
populated correctly when doing people searches against some Jabber servers.

How up to date is the iris stuff in Kopete? Is it possible to compile/link
Kopete with an up to date libiris?

> > Please CC me on any replies as I am not currently subscribed to this
> > list.

thanks

-- chris