List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Kopete and Unicode
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-08-23 11:05:56

Hi Per,

On Thursday 23 August 2007 12:24, Per Eriksson wrote:
> Just started using Kopete on openSUSE. Does Unicode support require some
> extra configuring? Kopete is replacing the swedish additional characters
> "å ä ö" with two block characters, which look like it's reading it like
> Latin-1.
>
> How is this solved?

This should work all right out of the box, but this is a bit dependent on the
protocol used.

I know that Jabber and MSN use unicode exclusively, but ICQ for example still
has the notion of different encodings.

What protocol are you trying to use?

(Please reply back to the list, for many protocols someone else than me will
need to answer.)

--
Martijn

I never worry about the future. It comes soon enough. -Albert Einstein