List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Found the reason of chatwindow style bug. Needs
From:       "Dmitry Suzdalev" <dimsuz () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-03 10:41:24

2007/8/3, Will Stephenson <wstephenson@kde.org>:
> I like this, because as Dmitry pointed out on IRC, we can move from storing
> the absolute path to the style in the config to just storing the style name,
> which is more flexible, since we determine the real path at runtime.
yes.
I also found that findResourceDir("appdata",
"styles/Kopete/style.desktop") can't be used in kcfg, because it
returns "$KDEDIR/share/apps/kopete" string. I missed this with my
original idea :).

This string still needs "styles/Kopete" appended, which can't be
simply done in kcfg file.

That's why I think that this .desktop file way can't be used, and now
I have another idea:
kopete should switch to using just stylenames in config file.
The loading code should then find the correct path by itself.
We have this approach in kdegames, for example.

I'm toying locally with this idea. If it'll be successful, I'll show
you a patch :)

Cheers,
Dmitry.