List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Avatar stuff, Global Identity and so
From:       Olivier Goffart <ogoffart () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-05-24 20:31:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Le jeudi 24 mai 2007, Gustavo Pichorim Boiko a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I have seen a started work for avatar usage in Kopete, but from what I see
> it is only used in the global identity for now (and it is not working btw).
> I was wondering what are the plans for that, because if nobody is going to
> work on this, I can try to do some things on this side.

I don't know exactly what you are talking about here.
I think nobody is working on it anyway.

> Also, is there any work on the global identity? I mean, ideas waiting to be
> implemented, or even code already started?
> I'm looking for things to do on the user interface and so on, so if someone
> has ideas in mind and is needing help on implementing, please let me know

The plan is:
The use may have several identities (one work and one home).
Every accounts should be a part of one identity (represented by the self
metacontact). By default there is just one global identity.

Identity cover at least the nickname and the avatar.  Maybe it could contains
all the vcard.  Maybe also the status and message should be shared by
identity.

I think in the current implementation there is just one global identity, but
you can still exclude some account of it and you can configure the name and
the picture for theses account separately.