List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [kopete-devel] Kopete and MSN
From:       "Marc's Technical Pages" <m () marcspages ! co ! uk>
Date:       2007-04-02 12:14:17

Gentlemen (and not to forget Ladies if any present),

Kopete looks wonderful, and is certainly very neat indeed. I've seen
it in operation on another system, but this was using an MSN/Hotmail
email address.

It has never functioned with MSN on my system. Yahoo fine. I use a non
MSN/Hotmail address (md.r@talk21.com to be accurate) and is my .Net
passport and is fully validated.

Have just loaded aMSN and it's working perfectly (but is UGH with it's
look! - man they could have made it look prettier!). Have recently
broken this Linux box, so am now on a fresh install and fully
upgraded to KDE3.6.5 and Kopete 0.12.4

I did open a bug and (felt as if) got shot down in flames blaming
Microsoft servers and that Kopete fine.

What do I need to do to get your program to function?

Please note that I am not unfamiliar with computers; Come from a solid
DOS background; I used to write machine code; Have been with Linux
for about 4 months now; But this does mean I do still need the odd
spoonfeed with getting results. So please be specific with
instructions. Have Wireshark installed for network capturing if
required.

In anticipation.....

My kindest regards,
Marc Dekenah