List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Core/GUI Split in libkopete
From:       Ben Aceler <aceler () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-03-18 16:29:50

В сообщении от 18 марта 2007 Olivier Goffart написал(a):
> Le dimanche 18 mars 2007, Oleg Girko a écrit  :
> > Hello!
> >
> > On Sunday 18 March 2007, Matt Rogers wrote:
> > but also have significant impact outside of Kopete. Imagine,
> > for example, transports for Jabber server, sharing protocol support with
> > Kopete codebase.
>
> that would require a strong split. But I'm not sure someone will use it
> (KDE dependencies, ....)
> Using protocol library in our protocols is a better way to share the code.
> (and telepathy is another)

It will not useful outside KDE, but look at the KDE itself! What about to
create a message dialog in kadressbook? Or to place "send message" button
near standard ICQ or Jabber information in Konqueror? Kopete integration with
Koffice for a share work? I think, it is a tasty possibilities :)
Moreover, Konversation IRC system is better than Kopete's. Why not use the
same system with two applications?

--
mailto://aceler@gmail.com
jabber://aceler@jabber.ru