List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [kopete-devel] Core/GUI Split in libkopete
From:       Matt Rogers <mattr () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-03-18 15:09:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

As I've been going through and working on the model/view stuff for the
contactlist, I've come across two ways to do it.

1. Make Kopete::ContactListElement a QStandardItem so that Group, Metacontact,
and Contact are all model items.

2. Leave as-is and make our current listview items be model items and wrap the
corresponding class.

The answer to the question of "Which way should we do it?" lies solely upon
the outcome of "How important is the core/gui split to us really?"

So, how important is the core/gui split to us really?
--
Matt