List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] OTR plugin
From:       Kevin Bader <kevin.bader () gmx ! at>
Date:       2007-03-01 18:16:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Shaun,

I wanted to start writing the plugin with a friend of mine, but I think it
would be fun writing it cooperatively. As you we have just started to read
the sources and available documentation.

Do you really want to start a new plugin? I thought it would be great to patch
the existing cryptography plugin - only if Olivier Goffart is happy with our
code of course :]. With a single cryptography plugin, not only the
configuration interface would be more straight-foreward, but we could
implement features better. When the plugin is finished it should be able to
chose between an OTR session and a GPG session itself (if the first method
fails, use the other, for instance). This behaviour should be configurable.
The user could chose the preferred encryption method for every single user in
his contact list.
A very important task is to be 100% compatible to existing OTR implemenations.
There is no use for a Kopete-only encryption solution.

Which features are you thinking of?

regards,
kevin