List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] [User question] about reseetting msn animated
From:       Jonas Widarsson <jonas () widarsson ! com>
Date:       2006-12-06 15:53:12

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 15:43, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 December 2006 14:24, Matt Rogers wrote:
> > I don't know where the animated smiley database is stored.
>
> I don't think it's stored at all, apart from perhaps KDE's temp dir.
>
> Opening old logs only shows the original text, the animated smileys are
> gone.

The issue isn't about logs missing smileys, it is about people writing to me
live and small parts of the text is chopped out because there should be an
animated smiley there but it doesn't appear.

And just to be clear, I am not talking about nudges.

If I receive an animated smiley from someone which I didn't have before it is
added to some sort of cache, because otherwise there is no reason for kopete
to remove the substring that the animation represents but not add the
animation. and some of the animations do show up, just not all of them.

Or, there is a bug in the version I use ( kopete 0.12.3, kde 3.5.5) so it
doesn't handle the protocol correctly. It worked well before anyway. I don't
know if I have downgraded as of the gentoo install.

Is there a way to show source in the chat window so I can debug the html
therein? maybe see which locations the img tags refer to? (if it really is
img tags, I don't know)

--
Jonas Widarsson

tel: +46 271 152 00 - tel: +46 271 121 42 (hemma/home) - gsm: +46 70 539 64 79
MSN: jonas@widarsson.com ICQ: 72016688 jabber: jonas@widarsson.com
http://widarsson.com/blogg/