List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [kopete-devel] Common emoticon specification
From:       Matt Rogers <mattr () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-11-02 3:17:34

Hi,

This link:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1491133&group_id=235&atid=300235

points to a patch submitted to gaim's patch tracker to add support for
xml-based emoticon themes. I would appreciate it if those with more knowledge
about the xml-based emoticon themes and some of it's shortcomings would
comment on the patch and some of the things that would make it better for
multiple protocols. Please don't comment about our emoticon parser. I only
want to discuss the format in this thread.

My personal opinion is to remove the protocol element and add a protocol
attribute to both the string and image elements to do per-protocol emoticons.

Feedback is much appreciated. We really have a chance here to work with our
counterparts in the gaim project to standardize our emoticon themes, which we
can then think about pushing up to freedesktop.org. Let's make every effort
to make it work. :)

Thanks
--
Matt