List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [kopete-devel] NULL pointer dereference in "yahooclientstream.cpp"
From:       Matt Seitz <seitz () neopathnetworks ! com>
Date:       2006-10-26 23:35:59

Michel Hermier wrote:
> When configuring the package, use --enable-debug=full
> And when running it starting it withing gdb use --nofork.

Thanks, that worked.  I found the problem is a NULL pointer dereference in
"protocols/yahoo/libkyahoo/yahooclientstream.cpp":

void ClientStream::cp_outgoingData( const QByteArray& outgoingBytes )
{
	// take formatted bytes from CoreProtocol and put them on the wire
	kdDebug(YAHOO_RAW_DEBUG) << k_funcinfo << "[data size: " <<
outgoingBytes.size() << "]" << endl;
	//cs_dump( outgoingBytes );
	d->bs->write( outgoingBytes );
}

The segfault happens on the "d->bs->write( outgoingBytes );" statement.  At this
point, "d->bs" is NULL.

I would file a report in Bugzilla.  But it refuses to take my report, because
the version of KDE I am running is too old.  I am running CentOS 4 (an RHEL 4
clone), which ships with a patched version of KDE 3.3.1.

--
Sincerely,
Matthew Seitz

["seitz.vcf" (text/x-vcard)]