List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] V4L2 in Kopete
From:       "Michel Hermier" <michel.hermier () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-09-17 15:34:37

You can check if it's working with applications like xine or xawtv.
AFAIK, taupter the author of the webcam code, started to work with
V4L2 devices so it should work with them since the original code. They
are various way to render V4L devices data, overlay is one off them
and maybe Ekiga an alternative, while kopete is stuck with the overlay
(faster performances).
I don't have time rigth now to explain you more deeper out to check
for the overlay, but a good start is too check that it is supported by
your video driver and enabled in your X server configuration.