List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [kopete-devel] YAY!  SMS compiles and links!!!
From:       "Michael D. Stemle, Jr." <manchicken () notsosoft ! net>
Date:       2006-07-29 6:47:21

So yeah, I know this must sound a bit silly to everybody, but I just wanted to
let all know that I've got the SMS protocol compiling and linking.

A couple questions though...
HOW does one test this?  I've never used SMS before.  All I know is that
someone suggested I port SMS... so I said "yeah, that sounds cool."  It
wasn't until now that I realized that I don't know how to test this.  I'm
going to be trying for a little while to figure out how to test it, and I
don't expect it to work just yet, but I gotta figure out how to test it.

IF anybody as some docs or tips on how to test stuff (particularly protocols)
please let me know.  Still kinda new to the game, so I'm hurting for KDE dev
experience.

Either way, it still compiles and links, and that's a lot more than it did 4
days ago ^_^

IF there is anybody else working on SMS protocol, I'd like to talk.  I don't
want to step on anybody's toes, work against anybody else, or waste my time
porting the exact same code as someone else.

Anyway, thanks for reading my rambling.  Thanks for at least pretending to be
excited with me.  Have fun.

--
~ Michael D. Stemle, Jr. <><
(A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nfluence with large hammer