List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Track change and KOffice-Kopete (Was: Google soc
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-04-18 13:28:33

Since I was the one mentioning it... (And I'm not even a Kopete developer
anymore :) )

On Tuesday 18 April 2006 13:28, BERGER Cyrille wrote:
> Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see how the integration of
> KOffice and Kopete concerning Track change can be more than a button
> in koffice to allow to call Kopete to start talking with the author.

GUI-wise I would like to see something like a "Discuss..." button in the Track
Changes toolbar that opens a chat and sends the change-to-be-discussed to the
other party.

Much more is not really needed in the GUI, but inside the ODT file you also
need to actually store the user's data to make this work.

Also, what would be even more workflow-driven would be to not popup a kopete
window, but instead embed the chat in KOffice as a sidebar.

> And then, while track change is indeed a big project, it's mostly a
> KOffice project. With Kopete/Kontact/Kphone integration a small work.

Yeah, most work is on the KOffice side. Without embedding there's no Kopete at
all, since the mapping with address book and the like goes through KIMProxy
in kdelibs, and e.g. Konversation also uses that.

--
Martijn