List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] TLS support in kopete
From:       "Michal Vaner \(Vorner\)" <michal.vaner () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2006-04-02 7:41:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Dne neděle 02 duben 2006 08:57 Matt Rogers napsal(a):
> On Saturday 01 April 2006 22:26, Rajagopal Natarajan wrote:
> > > AFAIK, TLS support was never removed. Its there, and works perfectly
> > > fine. I'm running Kopete 0.11 on KDE 3.5.2 (Debian Unstable). I just
> > > had to install the 'qca-tls' package. Perhaps you need to do something
> > > similar for Fedora.
> >
> > I've installed qca-tls package already. The problem is that there is no
> > option like "Use TLS if available" or something that was there in the
> > previous version of kopete, while creating jabber accounts...
>
> "Use protocol encryption" isn't clear enough for you?

Hm, but it is SSL - it needs the server to have opened another port (5223). It
is now deprecated and TLS is recommended (negotiated in the standard stream).
Some servers have problems with too many SSL connections.

But Kopete never had this feature yet, neather had Psi, which uses the same
library.

--

Ostatně soudím, že uzavřené protokoly a formáty by měly být zničeny, stejně
jako Kartágo.

Michal Vaner (Vorner)