List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [kopete-devel] How to prevent installation of custom widgets
From:       Bartosz Fabianowski <freebsd () chillt ! de>
Date:       2006-03-04 17:00:00

Hi list

I have been tracking the 0.12 branch without any larger problems for a
while now. But a recent commit is giving me a bit of a headache and I'm
wondering if anyone has an idea what I could do about this.

My routine is:

svn up
./configure --prefix=~/Kopete [a bunch of other arguments]
cp /usr/local/bin/libtool .
cd kopete
gmake
gmake install

The problem now is that since the <customwidgets> tags have been added
to Kopete's .ui files, make builds and libtool insists on installing a
libkopetewidgets.so file into kde_widgetdir, which configure sets to:

/usr/local/lib/kde3/plugins/designer

Of course, as a normal user, I have no permissions to write to that
directory. And I don't want to write there either. I am definitely not
planning on using Qt designer.

After reading through configure, configure.in and lots of Google search
results I still can't figure out how to change this behavior. So, my
question is whether anybody has found a way to point kde_widgetdir to a
different directory and/or disable the installation of the custom widget
library?

Right now I am just editing the relevant Makefile and .la archive. I
could automate this with sed, but it would still be a horrible hack.
There must be a better way...

- Bartosz