List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] jabber and jep-0136 (server side message logs)
From:       "Michal Vaner \(Vorner\)" <michal.vaner () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2006-02-22 15:09:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Dne středa 22 únor 2006 07:44 Olivier Goffart napsal(a):
> Le Mercredi 22 Février 2006 00:35, Andreas Happe a écrit :
> > hi,
> > are there any plans to support jep-0136 [0] which adds server side
> > message storage and retrieval to the jabber protocol. There seems to be a
> > lack of compliant servers but there's datasink which should be server
> > independant.
> >
> > this would be a very useful feature for users that routinely switch
> > between computers (or clients), even more so if kde 4.0 will be ported to
> > windows.
>
> There is a general plan to improve Jabber in KDE 4.
> That mean implementing all JEP I find usefull.
> And, you re lucky, server-side logging is something i find usefull.
>
> Anyway, I don't like the JEP-0136 as it.
> I think that the server should automatically log message, like gtalk does.
> The client should only turn on/off the feature, and be able to consult log.
> (That's my opinion)

Hello,
as I know, this JEP is experimental and it is not planned to promote for
draft. There was some discusion and it may be replaced by something that
google plans (it already has it on their server) and want's to document it as
a JEP soon. I myself think, that duplicating all the trafic and sending it
with some delay is not the right thing to do..

But, on the other side, how is it going to be implemented, will this cooperate
somehow with the usual history plugin?

--

Ostatně soudím, že uzavřené protokoly a formáty by měly být zničeny, stejně
jako Kartágo.

Michal Vaner (Vorner)