List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] handling history after moving to adium styles
From:       "Michal Vaner \(Vorner\)" <michal.vaner () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2005-12-09 20:49:44

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 09 December 2005 20:06, Thomas Beinicke wrote:
> On Friday 09 December 2005 19:54, Duncan Mac-Vicar wrote:
> > Actually, for a simple case like that, it is just a matter of parsing the
> > XML and outputing some html to display it pretty. We dont need themes in
> > the history.
> >
> > Duncan
>
> Well, why not use the new styles engine then?
> It could use a simple theme or an eye candy one as the user wishes.
> I quite like the idea of a consistent style in the chat window and history.

I would guess it is because in chatwindow, you receive one message each time.
Kopete has relatively bunch of time to play with styles and other things.
However, styles are expensive and the history would be probably unuseable to
go trough some styles with few hundreds or thousands messages.

--

Windows are like..
windows. Shiny but fragile and expensive.

Michal Vaner (Vorner)