List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Send Screenshot plugin
From:       "Michal Vaner \(Vorner\)" <michal.vaner () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2005-11-20 13:21:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 20 of November 2005 13:59, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Le Samedi 19 Novembre 2005 16:14, Matt Rogers a écrit :
> > On Saturday 19 November 2005 08:09, Michal Vaner (Vorner) wrote:
> > > I wanted to ask, I'm using kcautoconfigmodule.h header. But it seems to
> > > be private in the libkopete. Is there any chance that it would be made
> > > public (and put into include while installing) or I should give this up
> > > and write the few values to the config manually?
>
>  KAutoConfig has finally not been included in KDE 3.2 because it did the
> same thing as KConfigXT .  Application that used it, like Kopete copied it
>
> > Don't use that header. Use KConfigXT or KConfig manually instead.
>
> Why should we use KConfig dirrectly instead of using KAutoConfig.
> Using KConfig is lot of more code.
>
> And KConfigXT is more powerfull than KAutoConfig (because it has more
> feature) But KAutoConfig is more easy to use for small config pages.
>

> Anyway, i would recommand you to use KConfigXT
>
> If you want to use KAutoConfig, do a copy.

Thanks for recommendation. I used KAutoConfig just because I opened first
Kopete plugin that looked  simple enough and saw it there. I did not know
about KConfigXT. I will change it definitelly (copying may cause problems
later, as I already noticed with heavilly changed DBusQT in my Skype
plugin :-/)

--

Windows are like..
windows. Shiny but fragile and expensive.

Michal Vaner (Vorner)