List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Kopete Development Status
From:       Olivier Goffart <ogoffart () tiscalinet ! be>
Date:       2005-11-16 10:21:11

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Le Mercredi 16 Novembre 2005 06:26, Matt Rogers a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> This message is to give everybody an overview of what's going on in Kopete
> development land ATM. If people find these useful, I can post them on a
> schedule.
>
> Kopete 0.11
> ===============
> [...]

> Kopete 0.12
> ===============
> Any sort of heavy development that you want to be targeted for a KDE 3.x
> release should be happening here.
> Highlights from this branch:
>   - merge from KDE 3.5 branch on 11/15/05
>   - XHTML+CSS instead of XSLT in the chatwindow, protocol improvements, and
> bugfixes are the focus of this release
>   - no firm release date set. There will be a release from this branch. It
> is somewhat dependant on how fast people move to KDE 4 after KDE 3.5 is
> released and how long the XHTML+CSS feature takes.

Will there be a time of frezee ?

> Kopete 1.0 (trunk, KDE4, version number is tentative)
> ===============
> Merge from dev-0.12 happened on 11/15.
> Some of the current tasks available to be worked on are:
>  - Porting protocols and plugins to Qt4 using the qt3support library to
> make it compile
>  - getting rid of qt 3 support in ported code
>  - adding unit tests for current classes where possible and refactoring
> other classes to make them more testable.

I don't think we should make _all_ protocol and plugin compile, it's too hard
to make change in libkopete if we have to care about each plugins.
We should target few plugins in the first time.  For now, i only use testbed.

I'd like to know WHO is going to work on kopete and on what branch.
Personally, i'd like to work on trunk, to refactor libkopete.  But i don't
want to do it alone.
It would be nice if poeple could reply this mail to see who will work where.