List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Proposal for a Kopete Skype README.SuSE91
From:       "Michal Vaner \(Vorner\)" <michal.vaner () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2005-09-16 12:55:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 16 of September 2005 14:04, Heiko Schaefer wrote:
> Am Freitag, 16. September 2005 12:09 schrieb Heiko Schaefer:
>
> Hi,
>
> I wrote a small readme how to get the plugin working on SuSE 9.1.
> Plaese review it and send me your comments.

Thanks, it seems OK to me, just one thing: I would not include the
echo "D-BUS per-session daemon address is: $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS" line.
Point one, it prints nowhere, so it is only resource consuming thing that
does nothing. And another, if someone happens to be too clever to put it into
the env folder and puts it into his .bash_profile instead, he might get some
hard-to-solve problems with scp. I know this from my experience, I spent few
hours searching why it does not work.

And yet another thing: I would set the rights for that script to '0755', so it
avoids strange things when it would be created with write permition for
everyone (could happen with odd setups).

--

Windows are like... windows. Shiny, fragile, expensive.

Michal Vaner (Vorner)