List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Google Talk.
From:       Marc Cramdal <marc.cramdal () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-08-29 10:52:38

On 8/29/05, Till Gerken <till@tantalo.net> wrote:
> On Monday 29 August 2005 12:02, Richard Smith wrote:
> > >
> > > Do you want to have a kind of separated protocol called Google Talk in
> > > Kopete then ? I could be a good idea ?
> >
> > We already have "Oscar (AIM/ICQ)". Why not "XMPP (Jabber/Google Talk)"?

Well, I would not create a whole separated protocol, that was not the
idea, only a separated entry in the Account configuration dialog.

I think the point is that it should remain easy to connect to Google
Talk. Currently, we have to check one checkbox and change the server.
It's not acceptable for beginners IMHO.

Marc