List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Google Talk.
From:       Marc Cramdal <marc.cramdal () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-08-29 10:02:18

On 8/29/05, Olivier Goffart <ogoffart@kde.org> wrote:
> Le Lundi 29 Août 2005 11:28, Marc Cramdal a écrit:
>
> > Do you want to have a kind of separated protocol called Google Talk in
> > Kopete then ? I could be a good idea ?
>
> Will also proposed that,  but no.
> Why not ?
> Because Google wanted to let ohters client connect fine to their service using
> XMPP, so there is no point having two protocol that are the same.
>
> On the other hand, it may help to not confuse the users.
Do you think that the user know that Google's protocol is XMPP and
that it is the same as jabber. Google Talk has chances to become very
well known and used by basic users.

If we want to keep only one protocol, we should call it XMPP  :p

No, really, I think we should create a new protocol for Google.

Marc