List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel]  Discussion about metacontact,
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2005-06-15 11:40:30

On June 15, 2005 01:36 am, Duncan Mac-Vicar P. wrote:
>  photoSource and nameSource are of type PropertySource (enum) which could
> be { Custom, KABC, Contact } [3]

Just a comment - I like this idea the best,m but instead of an enum, the
PropertySource API could work for any property.

If there was a propertySourceAPI like this, then the tooltip for a metacontact
could be drawn much the same as the tooltips for contacts, with the
properties coming from the property sources.

One of the things I have always hated is how the MC tooltip contains very
little really useful info, and how you need to mouse over the little
protocols to know if the contact is idle, his away message, etc.

Just my $0.02. Then again I don't really do any coding anymore so I will shut
up :P In fact, this is the first list email I have replied to in months :)

--
Jason Keirstead
http://www.keirstead.org