List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] [RFC] KDE4 and KDE3.5, porting, etc
From:       Olivier Goffart <ogoffart () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-01 20:13:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Le Mercredi 1 Juin 2005 21:33, Grzegorz Piotr Jaskiewicz a écrit :
> Ok, but I still don't get it. I want to do it, I want to spend my time
> on it.

if you can backport *EVERY* commit, and promise you will be able to do so
until we decide we are ready to go work in kde4 branch
(when the trunk (libkopete) will have a stabilized level)

If no, we will
svn rm -R kde4/kdenetwork/kopete
svn cp 3.5/kdenetwork/kopete   4.0/kdenetwork/kopete
And all your work will be lost, and your time waste.

> I don't a lot of core development anyway, and I am not doing too
> much on gadu cos I feel bored with it, I need something else for change.
> I decided to commit my self to that port, so like I said before, makes
> you minus one problem.

You are welcome to do core development if you want.

> I see your points, and their valid. Valid from perspective of guy who
> doesn't like to throw everything, and start doing kde4 because
> (whatever). I am here in different position. I would like to participate
> in kde4 more than I did in kde3.x.

That's good.  But you can wait a bit.
Or work on parts of kde that have already started to be ported  (kdelibs)