List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] bug report 105929 - msn login problem
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-05-20 11:26:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Martijn Klingens wrote:
>> Not necessarily.
>>
>> It depends on how the library search paths got recorded in the
>> resulting kopete binary. If your KDE installation dir (with the old
>> kopete) comes first, it will always load the wrong library.
>
>Would an LD_PRELOAD be able to work around it? (Not really suitable for
>normal use, but I'm thinking as a developer here if I want to do some
>one-time troubleshooting for example.)

Yes, LD_PRELOAD can help.

If you built KDE with --enable-new-ldtags, you can set LD_LIBRARY_PATH as
well.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  thiago (AT) macieira (DOT) info
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:

5. Swa he géanhwearf tó timbran, and hwonne he cóm, lá! Unix cwæð "Hello,
World". Ǽfre ǽghwilc wæs glæd and seo woruld wæs fréo.