List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Interface for calling
From:       "Michal Vaner \(Vorner\)" <vorner () atlas ! cz>
Date:       2005-05-16 19:39:21

On Monday 16 of May 2005 18:31, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Le Lundi 16 Mai 2005 16:39, Michal Vaner (Vorner) a écrit  :
> > Hello,
> > I'm working on calling by Skype plugin. But how should I do it? Should it
> > be done internally by the plugin with all toolbar buttons (somehow forced
> > to get there) and GUI or should be kopete modified to support calling and
> > ask protocols if they can call? If I'm not mistaken, some other protocols
> > supports voice/video comunication as well.
> > Thank you for advice.
>
> I think a specified action in the kopete application is probably a good
> thing.
>
> For now, do it with actions in your plugin.
>
> But you can also propose a patch for libkopete.

Nice idea :), but it would need me to do it. It is hard. Maybe I will try it
later. I hope I will make it before KDE 4 - it will almost certainly break
the binary compatibility.

> In that case, i think it should probably be a protocol capability, or a
> contact capability, like for file transfers.
> It may have to do with the av device.

Well, I'm sure that it has nothing to do with AV device. It is all done by
Skype itself.

So I will do it internally and remeber to make it extensible for the global
kopete interface later.

--

Windows are like... windows. Shiny, fragile, expensive.

Vorner