List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Re: kdenetwork/kopete
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2005-02-17 21:42:40

On Thursday 17 February 2005 5:31 pm, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Le Jeudi 17 Février 2005 21:56, Jason Keirstead a écrit :
> > CVS commit by brunes:
> >
> > Embed the user photo directly into the HTML. This should appease Gof and
> > me both. Performance seems ot be fine from my experience.
>
> This is still a big xml message, while only few style uses that.

Yeah it is. But if the style isn't using it then it doesn't matter much from a
performance standpoint.

From a memory standpoint not much either - maybe 1K extra / msg = 256k / chat
window assuming the default buffer length. Not ver much conseidering Kopete
runs at around 40 megs.

--
If you wait by the river long enough, eventually
you will see the bodies of all your enemies float by.