List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] MSn server change?
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-02-12 11:32:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 12 February 2005 02:40, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> > I've got a message today on the official client saying I should upgrade
> > in order to connect. I dismissed the message and connected normally,
> > without upgrading.
>
> Interesting...
> upgrade to which version ?

If you present a MSN messenger version string to the server you may need to
upgrade it. There has been a security update from MS this week for PNG
processing in avatars, and there are already exploits out there for this
baby. I can imagine that MS wants you to upgrade ASAP in order to reduce the
damage.

See http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS05-009.mspx

--
Martijn