List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [kopete-devel] Re: JEP-22, full implementation.
From:       Richard Smith <kde () metafoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-02-06 22:28:45

On Sunday 06 February 2005 21:17, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Option to send typing notifications are applicable to each protocol. which
> support them  (almost every one)

You misunderstand, I think. When you send a Jabber message, you can specify
within the payload what events you want to get in response (things like it
being stored on a server, being received, and the remote user typing).

> I've seen the tab on the screenshot
> http://tpe20002003.free.fr/entrepot/jabberprivacy.png
>
> Does it make sens to refuse incoming notification ?
> I think there shouldn't be an option for that.

You're not refusing anything, you're requesting something. Some jabber clients
(like the rss aggregator bot) don't deal with typing requests, and generate
errors when they're received (yes, this is their bug, not ours). But I do see
your point - why would anyone ever want to turn typing notification requests
off, other than to work around buggy remote clients?
--
Thanks,
Richard