List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [kopete-devel] Proposal for contact dragging
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2005-01-11 13:01:40

There have been problems previously ( Reported by Aaron I think )
usability-wise with allowing people to drag the contact icon to another
metacontact to move it. I agree in the sense that it is not intuitive that
this area of the list view item is any different than dragging anywhere else
(for example, say you wanted to drag a contact into KMail but moved the
contact by accident. It is even possible to move it by accident if you meant
to click on it but have a sticky mouse )

I propose to make dragging a contact to a different metacontact possible only
with the middle mouse button. Moving this by dragging with the middle button
is used elsewhere in KDE ( KTabWidget ), and this way, you won't ever do the
move by accident.

--
If you wait by the river long enough, eventually
you will see the bodies of all your enemies float by.