List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Kopete coding question
From:       Olivier Goffart <ogoffart () tiscalinet ! be>
Date:       2005-01-07 22:59:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Le Vendredi 7 Janvier 2005 23:27, Anton Markov a écrit :
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am currently working on implementing a configuration option to allow
> the user to set the external IP Kopete uses for MSN file transfers, and
> I have an implementation / best practice question:

Hi.

First, thanks for all you can do for kopete.
We are actualy in a frezee before a release. and your patch will probably not
go into the KDE 3.4 release.
Anyway, if you send it verry soon and the patch is good, i'll vote for
inclusion in kde 3.4.x

One condition is that the configuration GUI looks like the Jabber one.

Also, know that MSNFileTransfer classes are old, it's an old protocol. And the
new protocol (which is already implemented for receiving in MSNP2P) will
probably replace it.
(I don't think this will need big work, but i'm not interested in coding it
now.)

In other word, i don't think it will be used anymore in KDE 4.0 and that mean
your patch will be useless if not include in KDE 3.4.

But that also mean that i care less about that part of code.
(I don't want to say that you can do everithing on it)

> I have the external IP (and other info) stored in the configuration
> object belonging to the MSNAccount class (i.e. the object returned by
> configGroup() ), and accessible via public methods of the MSNAccount
> class.

That's perfect.

> Now I need to pass this information to the MSNFileTransferSocket
> object created by the MSNMessageManager::slotInvitation() function.
>
> My question is, how to best do this? I can access the account object
> through the account() static function. So should I call the methods of
> the MSNAccount object in MSNMessageManager::slotInvitation() and pass
> the IP, port, etc. as parameters or can I pass the MSNAccount object to
> MSNFileTransferSocket constructor and extract the information from there?

I don't realy care.  But i prefer you to modify only the
MSNFileTransferSocket.

So i imagine you can do
m_contact->account()->configGroup()->readEntry("...")

Do what looks the best.

Thanks.