List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [kopete-devel] Metacontact::photo() part III, contactlist photo
From:       "Duncan Mac-Vicar P." <duncan () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-12-05 6:55:22

Ok guys, I have the code to show the photo in the contact list. Before
commiting anything I want to discuss some issues. (look the referenced
screenie) (don't blame it, quick prototype to get the thing working, this
email purpose is exactly to discuss the final look)

http://aseigo.bddf.ca/dms/32/85_kopete-yay.png

for kde-usability guys, please read my blogs entries in kdedevelopers.org if
you are not aware of this topic and you are interested.

As a summary Kopete now uses KABC photo in tooltips, and since now, it can
show the photo in the contact list. Integration to allow import/sync between
specific protocol avatars and the photo is coming too. I am not subscribed to
usability so CC to me or kopete-devel is appreciated.

1- Should I make a new style [1] or just use the current detailed view?
1.1- in case [1] I want to hear ideas about this style.
2- Should I put the photo AND the icon (like the screennie) [3] or use the
smile icon only if no picture available [2]
2.1 in case [2], the photo doesn't show if the metacontact is offline or not.
Does making the photo b/w if offline makes sense?. In cas [3] what to show in
contacts where no photo is avaiable to alow all cells have the same height?

any idea sor comments are welcome.

cheers
Duncan