List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] kdenetwork/kopete/protocols/oscar/oscarsocket
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2004-10-05 23:11:06

On October 5, 2004 08:59 pm, Richard Smith wrote:
>  I had it
> suggested to me on IRC (I think by Grzegorz, but it might possibly have
> been by Michel) that we have a linked list of (text, formatting) objects.
> Which seems sane, trivial to convert to HTML, and should be reasonably easy
> to convert to from RTF (but from full HTML it's a right arse).

While a good idea, it's far from trivial.

You will need to convert stuff like

So how is that represented? As two fragments? That would be the logical way,
but as you get into multiple levels of nested formatting ( which QTextEdit
does indeed produce), the parsing would be anything but trivial.

--
Jason Keirstead
http://www.keirstead.org