List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Re: IRC Network Editor implementation
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2004-07-11 22:33:27

On July 12, 2004 01:34 am, Matt Rogers wrote:
> Is it something that perhaps we could leave in for 0.9.0 and then convert to
> KConfig for 0.9.1? (i.e. it won't create new strings or anything like that)
> Or, is this a 0.10 thing?

It requires no new strings at all... KConfig keys do not need to be translated.
I was hoping to do it for 3.3 even.

Storing the server list in an XML file is really bad because it means that we won't
have any merging going on, so if the user edits their server list at all, by say for \
example adding a new network or anythng, then they pretty much lose any subsequent \
changes to the system list we make in dot releases.

--
There is no way of having a free society in which there is not abuse. Abuse is the \
very hallmark of liberty.

-- Lord Chief Justice Halisham