List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Proof of concept: Oscar,
From:       Stefan Gehn <sgehn () gmx ! net>
Date:       2004-07-11 9:42:02

On Samstag Juni 26 2004 18:01, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> this is just to let you know that I've ported three protocols to the new
> socket API. My Kopete is working with them right now. However, I
> haven't been able to test any filetransfers (and DCC Chat is disabled
> in the IRC plugin).

finally added your small oscar patch locally, I'll test it later on.

> The name-resolution is truly asynchronous as expected and so is
> buffering.

Nice, so all the hacking finally paid off :)

> Many thanks to mETz for porting most of Oscar to the new API already.
> You'll see that the remaining fix is quite, quite trivial.

Indeed, nice to see I were that close already, after all I never were able to
see the code in action :)

Question to everybody else: Is Kopete already using the new network classes?
Are you going to use it for 3.3?

Bye, Stefan aka mETz
--
ICQ#51123152 | Moege der Pinguin mit euch sein