List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Usability: chat window
From:       Stefan Gehn <sgehn () gmx ! net>
Date:       2004-04-18 8:56:44

On Sonntag April 18 2004 00:04, William Leese wrote:
> So enough ranting. I'd like to discuss the choice of putting the format
> toolbar directly above the text input field.

No, you are at least one year too late to discuss this. We follow the KDE
UI-guidelines as much as we can, abusing toolbars is not the way to go.

> - Each and every other IM client seems to do this

Just because every other client does it wrong doesn't mean we have to do it
wrong too.

> - It's a toolbar so it belongs on top
Why did you ask then anyway? :P

Hint: If you want your editing stuff near the edit area then move that toolbar
to the bottom border of your chatwindows.

Bye, Stefan aka mETz
--
ICQ#51123152 | Moege der Pinguin mit euch sein