List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] 3.2 showstopper
From:       Andy Goossens <andygoossens () pandora ! be>
Date:       2004-01-30 23:20:48

On Friday 30 January 2004 22:12, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Friday 30 January 2004 21:56, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> > Does it matter what order the two of you close your chats? I fyou close
> > first then him, then he msgs you, does it behave differently than if he
> > closes first, then you?
> >
> > I will test this with my extra account when I get home.
>
> And perhaps more interesting, if you turn off fetching of buddy icons, does
> it still happen?

I saw this once or twice when my brother sent a message to me. He's using MSN
Messenger, and I'm still running 0.7.x (which has no support of buddy icons).
It's not easily reproducible and, for what I know, caused by *quickly*
opening a chat with me, and sending a text. My brother sits 2 meters away
from me and we use MSN to transfer hyperlinks (which he 'copy&paste's
quickly). The message never showed up in the debug output and I only saw he
was opening a chat with me.

From my point of view, this might be a server issue...

--
// Andy Goossens