List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] KMail + Kopete + KABC integration patch(s)
From:       Casey Allen Shobe <cshobe () softhome ! net>
Date:       2004-01-25 1:45:28

Jason Keirstead (Friday 23 January 2004 08:11)
> I came to an empiphany while sleeping

There's no 'm' in epiphany, and I have a hard time believing that you realized
it "while sleeping".

> I think Kopete should write an "Online Status" address book field in
> addition to the plugin fields it currently updates. A user doesn't change
> online status *that* frequently, so it would cut down the number of DCOP
> calls from apps looking for this information at a great savings. Plus, it
> makes the code in these apps ( like KMail, KNode ) much simpler.

It also means catastrophic effects if Kopete crashes (which it often does).
Of course, you can hope to make Kopete more stable, but you can *not* rely on
this, as there will be circumstances (i.e. system out of memory) where it
will still crash.

Vertu sæll,

--
Sigþór Björn Jarðarson (Casey Allen Shobe)
http://rivyn.livejournal.com