List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Re: Priority
From:       Jeff Stuart <jstuart () computer-city ! net>
Date:       2004-01-03 22:33:33

On Sat 01/03/2004 05:19 pm, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Saturday 03 January 2004 22:42, Jeff Stuart wrote:
> > Ok, my apologies for starting what APPEARS to be yet ANOTHER flame
> > thread... Never was intended to go that way.  Just wanted to put forth
> > the opinion of one kopete user.
>
> Please keep on doing that, it's much appreciated.
>
> We're in a string freeze now, but I for one wouldn't mind the ability to
> have a dialog for 'open IRC channel' or so in the menu that is just a GUI
> frontend for the same backend, i.e. the bug fix for 64162. If the dialog
> also has a checkbox 'Auto-join on connect' it's even a GUI frontend for the
> Add Contact wizard. The fact that it does the same thing internally isn't
> bad, it helps usability tremendously to have this rather special action
> explicitly mentioned in the menu IMNSHO.

Allow me to say also that you guys have done a DAMN GOOD job.  I've been a
LONG TIME Gaim user and IM is a REQUIREMENT in my work since I telecommute
24/7.  (have never actually seen our company offices or met my boss in person
LOL).  Kopete is now finally able to handle all of my requirements for IM.
And I find that I am not missing anything at all from Gaim.

--
Jeff Stuart
jstuart@computer-city.net