List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] libGL problem with compiling kopete 0.7.4
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2003-11-22 17:37:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Martijn Klingens wrote:
>On Friday 21 November 2003 20:10, ianseeks wrote:
>
>One of the libs Kopete tries to include wants libGL.
>
>Try ldd on the libs Kopete includes, like 'ldd /opt/kde3/lib/libkdeui.so' to
>find the culprit. Most likely it's Qt itself.
>
>As for the .la file, I think you need a -devel package for openGL or rebuild
>the lib found above without GL support.

No, the error is on his side and is probably a distribution bug.

His link command line does not specify "libGL.la" and yet libtool wants to use
it. That means that it found that reference in another library's .la file. It
can't be any library just built with Kopete because libtool wouldn't write
"libGL.la" if it could not find it previously and because Kopete doesn't deal
with libGL directly.

Therefore, the only possibility is that it comes from an .la file that is
already installed in his system. Either a library that was installed by the
distribution (which would make this a packaging bug) or one he installed
himself (which makes this his fault for removing the package containing
libGL.la).

In any event, the solution is to install the package that provides libGL.la
(Mesa or XFree86). I don't have it in my system, so I can't help finding
which one it is.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  Registered Linux user #65028
   thiagom@mail.com