List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Remove group by metacontact
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-11-05 19:15:41

On Wednesday 05 November 2003 15:19, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> And after thinking about the issues I brought up above, I don't like the
> idea at all anymore. It would be way too confusing interacting with anyone
> else who does not use Kopete.

Well, how often does it happen that a user uses two accounts AT THE SAME TIME
to contact you? Usually they use one or another and maybe they switch, but
your example looks rather academic to me.

True, in that corner case your worries are real, but I personally think it's
not a real life situation.

That said, I've seen a couple of people with very weird real life messaging
behaviour on this list, so I'm not surprised if one weirdo or another
actually do this :)

Like you said in your first reply, a survey might help a lot.

For _my_ messaging behaviour it would certainly be a nice plus to just
integrate with meta contacts even tighter and move the separate
KopeteContacts out of the GUI even further to turn them more into a Kopete
internal implementation detail.

--
Martijn