List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Proposal to start a make_it_cool branch.
From:       Ladislav Strojil <Ladislav.Strojil () seznam ! cz>
Date:       2003-10-25 12:38:41

On Saturday 25 of October 2003 14:30, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Saturday 25 October 2003 14:13, Casey Allen Shobe wrote:
> > What I can do with more time is to work on UIs (though I guess we cannot
> > add any new strings now...so that becomes difficult - does string freeze
> > include keyboard accelerators?).
>
> Yes, adding an ampersand ('&') to a string changes it, though it _might_
> only be a fuzzy, which translators can fix easily.

Well, yesterday I cleared some 150 fuzzies in Kopete. 200 remaining, 800
untranslated. It takes quite a lot of time.
Even clearing fuzzies where accelerator was added is quite a lot of work. You
have to read both texts to see it the accel was the only change. Then you
have to select a new accelerator, meaning that sometimes you have to fire up
Kopete and find the place where this text is used to see if the accel
conflicts with something previously chosen (not that I do that most of the
time).
So yes, string freeze should cover _all_ changes to strings.

> The best is to do the i18n stuff in the upcoming 20 hours of course :)

Yep.

Cheers,
Láïa

--