List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] kdenonbeta/kopete
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-08-30 19:14:53

On Saturday 30 August 2003 18:27, Stefan Gehn wrote:
> And when does somebody make something usable out of this talk? I have no
> clue how "porting" protocols looks like, as usual when somebody comes up
> with an API change in Kopete :P

RTFM?

There's docs all over the place in libkopete/kutils, there's this mail and
there is the 'reference implementation' in AutoReplace.

What you should do is

1. Create a KCM with all settings code.
2. Leave the plugin logic where it is now.
3. Figure out a way to propagate settings between the KCM and the plugin. The
last part is the only tricky part, and I already explained in a very lengthy
commit log how you should do that.

--
Martijn