List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Kopete does not compile
From:       Olivier Goffart <ogoffart () tiscalinet ! be>
Date:       2003-08-29 20:45:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Le Vendredi 29 Août 2003 22:05, Martijn Klingens a écrit :
> On Friday 29 August 2003 21:25, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> > this time, the bug is in configure. it does not seems detect that it need
> > to compile .
>
> What does it say? Is it my configure check or something else in the generic
> kdenetwork code?

here is a part of the ./configure output

checking knotifydialog.h usability... yes
checking knotifydialog.h presence... yes
checking for knotifydialog.h... yes
checking for kdelibs newer than 3.1.x... checking for xml2-config...
/usr/bin/xml2-config

And the code in compat is not compiled (if i add errors here , it does not
complain)

> Does it work if you replace admin/ in kdenetwork with KDE_3_1_BRANCH?

no

> > Martijn, don't you think we should drop kde 3.1 support?
>
> No. 3.2 is waaaaay too bleeding edge to depend upon for our users. And the
> release is still a while away. I wouldn't be surprised if we can release
> an 0.8 before 3.2 even...

realy?
that's true that more than 4 month is big. but look in the past:
the time between kopete 0.6 and 0.7: february-august= 6 month
between 0.5 and 0.6:  4 month   (and wa was about to release 0.5.1 insteads)
and between 0.4.1 et 0.5: 4 month.

so we are followinf a normal release cycle.
I'll add that the kde release impose us a feature freezee, so there will be no
features between 0.8 and 1.0 ?

if we release something, it could be Kopete1.0-beta
(we could release a separate dist for kde 3.1)