List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Dynamic icons
From:       Will Stephenson <william.stephenson () ncl ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2003-08-27 10:13:33

On Wednesday 27 August 2003 01:34, Till Gerken wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to hunt down the bug that always shows your own Jabber
> contact as offline. It seems that only the initial offline icon is set and
> then no further updates are done.
>
> Now I've been looking how to do it - KOS.iconFor(KC) tries to look up
> KC.icon(). However, I don't reimplement it in JabberContact, nor do any
> other protocols. And also, my contact list icons are working correctly.
>
> What am I missing?

All you need to do is call myself()->setOnlineStatus(...) when your own status
changes, like you do already with JabberAccount::setPresence().  What's
really going on is that the online icon, and other icons with the exception
of the Chatty icon, are being desaturated to grey.  I only noticed this when
i wanted to test jabber, but i didn't have any online contacts so i started a
chat 	with brunes(offline) and i noticed the difference in tone.

What I don't know is why the color is correct in the kopete main window but
not in the chat view members list.

Will
--
Will Stephenson