List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [Kopete-devel] Re: Need help fixing compile errors
From:       Matt Rogers <matt () matt ! rogers ! name>
Date:       2003-08-24 13:39:32

On Sunday 24 August 2003 06:47 am, Stefan Gehn wrote:
> Wupp ;)
>
> On Friday August 22 2003 07:26, Matt Rogers wrote:
> > Ok, here's the errors. I'm pretty much clueless. let me know if you need
> > a patch so that you can look at the code I'm trying to compile (oscar's
> > QSocket->KExtendedSocket conversion)
>
> Found a solution already?

Yup, it's compiled and I'm going to start testing it today (amazing what a
weekend without internet access can do to a person). So obviously, I fixed
all these errors. :)
> > [...]
> > -o oscarsocket.lo `test -f 'oscarsocket.cpp' || echo './'`oscarsocket.cpp
> > In file included from oscarsocket.h:23,
> >                  from oscarsocket.cpp:17:
> > oncomingsocket.h:49: warning: `class OncomingSocket' has virtual
> > functions but non-virtual destructor
>
> 1. rename that one to something else or get rid of it. wasn't that some
> ugly abstraction class for incoming direct-connection and file-transfers?
> 2. add a virtual ~OncomingSocket and hope that's all to fix.

Actually, it was missing QObject as a base class. Adding that fixed it

> > oscarsocket.cpp: In constructor `OscarSocket::OscarSocket(const QString&,
> > const
> >    QByteArray&, OscarAccount*, QObject*, const char*, bool)':
> > oscarsocket.cpp:59: `connect' undeclared (first use this function)
>
> Make sure you call the right connect (QObject::connect and
> someSocketClass:: connect are not the same but have the same misleading
> name sometimes).
>
> > oscarsocket.cpp:153: `disconnect' undeclared (first use this function)
>
> same as above.
>
> > oscarsocket.cpp:574: no matching function for call to
> > `QObject::disconnect( OscarSocket* const, const char[19], OscarSocket*
> > const, const char[24])' /usr/qt/3/include/qobject.h:120: candidates are:
> > static bool
> >    QObject::disconnect(const QObject*, const char*, const QObject*, const
> >    char*)
>
> OscarSocket is no QObject anymore I guess, or you're missing the include
> for OscarSocket.
>
> I better stop now as further errors usually just appear because of the
> first few errors.
>
> Bye, Stefan aka mETz

OscarSocket still inherits from OscarConnection, so the error was that I
didn't inherit QObject in OscarConnection. Using QObject as a base class for
both OncomingSocket and OscarConnection fixed the majority of these issues.

Matt